RE: Changing fonts in Gnome applications

I'll have a look at this over the weekend, it's about time I did a little
coding, rather than living off al of your hard work!

-----Original Message-----
From: James Henstridge [mailto:james@daa.com.au]
Sent: 10 June 1999 15:33
To: Steve Homer
Cc: 'gnome-list@gnome.org'
Subject: RE: Changing fonts in Gnome applications

If you want to experiment with this, you could quite easily write a gtk
module.  In its initialisation function, it would set up an emission hook
on the realize signal.  In the emission hook, it could set up DnD actions
for changing the font, so every widget that is realised could be altered
in such a way.

Then alter gfontsel to support dragging fonts.  Now if you start a GTK
application with the --gtk-module=module command line option, and you
should be able to drag and drop to any of its widgets.

The module (just a shared library) should be trivial to write -- at most
two or three screenfulls, and would allow you to test this sort of
functionality in all your current applications.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/