Re: Changing fonts in Gnome applications

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
> > For Gtk/Gnome apps, put something like this in your ~/.gtkrc:
>
> Of course, this begs to be something that should be incorporated into the
> GNOME desktop.  A desktop user will probably not want to edit a .gtkrc to
> change a font.  So this is something we should get volunteers to hack at.
> I think someone has already taken a step in the right direction with the
> colors patch I saw for the control panel.

Yes, this is an excellent area for patch submission. :-)

It's actually a bit tricky, because you have to machine-edit gtkrc which
wasn't really designed for that... I'm not sure it should be part of the
themes control panel either, it seems to me that "Colors & Fonts" should
be a separate page (both to keep the size of the themes page under
control, and so people can easily find it).

But it's ultimately up to whoever submits the code. ;-)

Havoc