Re: Logout problem

Andreas Simon wrote:

> in the gui subdirectory. When I copy `filecheck.c' from the `daemon'
> subdirectory to the `gui' subdirectory it builds but then I got another
> problem: In the login screen I can enter a user name but no password.
> There is no textfield to enter one!

I had the same problem.

I install Gnome under /opt/gnome, so thats where gdm2 went, however pam's
configuration files (if thats the right term) are stored in /etc/pam.d

gdm2 placed its pam file in /opt/gnome/etc/pam.d, so I just copied them to
/etc/pam.d and it started working.

David

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.