Re: Gnome session mgmt vs WindowMaker-gnome session mgmt (Debian Potato)

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Paul Warren wrote:

> Am I being stupid?  I'm just a bit tired of hearing "oh that's the window
> manager's problem" on this list.  There are a lot of keen window manager
> programmers out there eagerly trying to make their wm fully gnome
> compliant.  If it was made clear how you were supposed to do this session
> management business properly, I think a lot more of them might get it
> right...

To be fair, I think "it's a bug in the window manager" is meant to
indicate that in this case the apps are compliant with the session
management specs from the X people and the window manager is not. i.e.
this isn't something the Gnome people are making up, it's something the X
people made up a long time ago.

That said, it's quite possible the X people were wrong. :-) You might want
to read the SMlib.ps and xsmp.ps specs that come with X though; on Debian,
these are in the "xbooks" package. Don't know about other dists.

Havoc