Re: Crashing X/Gnome with Gimp... [E]xit, [H]alt, show[S]tack trace or [P]roceed

Tod Liebeck wrote:

> IMHO, on a desktop machine, an X crash is equivalent to a Windows95
> total/complete system crash, and no application should ever be allowed
> to cause something like this.

Wanted to voice my recent experience on this.  My computer completely
froze, twice in two consecutive days under, GNOME.  It locked keyboard
and mouse.  Ctrl-Alt-Backspace did not work for exiting out of the
X-windows to the console.  Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-F2, etc. did not take
it to the console either.  I waited for a few minutes for it to recover
that it never did.  I had to use the hardware reset button to reboot the
computer.

I use the RH6.0 with updated GNOME apps published in this list.

Thx.

--
  ^    ^