Logout problem

Greetings,

I am using an NCD xterm to access a Redhat 6.0 system using gdm as the
display manager. When logout is selected from the panel, logging out seems
to take place but the gdm greeter never comes back. The greeter can be
brought back by rebooting the xterm.

The reason that I think that logging out is taking place is because the
the /etc/X11/gdm/PostSession/Default script is run after (attempting) to
log out.

Interestingly, If I log into the console, the whole logout procedure seems
to work just fine and the greeter comes right back.

Any clues?

Server specs:

Redhat 6.0

All updates from
ftp://ftp.inconnect.com/pub/unix/linux/redhat-6.0/contrib-updates
installed.

Using gdm-1.0.0-35

-Jeff