Re: xchat installation problem

you know what's funny about this?  i had the *exact* same problem, even
though i had gtk 1.2.3 and glib 1.2.3 installed.

first check to see if glibconf.h is on your system.  it probably is.
first, check /usr/local/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h.  if you don't see it
there, try
   find / -name glibconfig.h -print

if it is on your system (it probably is), then you can modify the source
to "hardwire" the location of glibconf.  in line 66 of glib.h:

#include <glibconfig.h>

you can change it to

#include "/usr/local/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h"

alternatively (better idea) make a symbolic link of glibconfig.h into
/usr/local/include

  ln -s /usr/local/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h /usr/local/include

alternatively still, you can modify the Makefile to give the -Idir option
to gcc (or whatever compiler you're using) to search
/usr/local/lib/glib/inlcude.   IMHO, this isn't a good option because
you're bound to have the same problem in the future (so you'll have to do
this again).

HTH.  i'm no expert -- just someone who had the same problem you had and i
managed to resolve it.  if you have any questions, contact me offlist.

pete