Re: Gnome session mgmt vs WindowMaker-gnome session mgmt (Debian Potato)

    Many People> A lot of people won't like this solution but it works for my
    Many People> purposes.

    Many People> I just don't use the session manager.  Start WindowMaker in
    Many People> your X windows init file (use 'exec wmaker' command instead
    Many People> of 'gnome-session').  Start panel & and gmc & from an
    Many People> xterminal.  These will automatically start with WindowMaker
    Many People> from then on through its session manger.

Thanks.  This apparently is "the thing" to do.

I was sort of hoping that I could get WM (or Enlightenment, or...) to
let GNOME handle session mgmt in a window-manager relevant sort of
way.

Maybe in the future.  Thanks for all the responses and suggestions!

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini			Research Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Center for AIDS Research	UW Biostatistics