Re: Problems after compiling

Michael Pucher <no_spam@online.de> writes:

Hello Michael,

> The launcher on the panel have black backgrounds as well as the items in
> the foot
> menu.
> Some Stock-Pixmaps are also not shown correctly.

I had the same problem with SuSE 6.1 and I solved it this way:

I compiled libpng-1.0.1 (and libz) again, but I didnt take the SuSE
sources. Obviously there is something strange with the SuSE source,
since Gnome works well after taking the support source files from RedHat
Labs (no black background anymore).

After libz and libpng you have to compile ImageMagick (dont take it from
SuSE) then recompile imlib afterthat gnome-core. Start the panel and it
works.

Take care that you always set the right prefix
(e.g. --prefix=/usr/local/). Possibly if you have installed some packets from the
gra-series (YaST) you will run in trouble.

> While trying to compile mc from CVS i get this errors:
>
> gmain.c: In function `x_init_dlg':
> gmain.c:109: `SIGTTIN' undeclared (first use...)
> gmain.c:109: `SIG_IGN' undeclared (first use...)
> gmain.c:109: `SIGTTOU' undeclared ....

Why dont u take mc-4.5.33 ? It works very fine here !

> Do i need to update libc ?

I dont think so.

> configure: error: Objective C compiler required but not found
Examine YaST - serie d and do this:

 [i] gobjc     GNU Objective C Compiler

Good luck ! Jens