pager and task bar questions

I'm using Gnome and Enlightenment as supplied on Red Hat 6.0.  I have some
questions about the GNOME pager and task bar.

1.  With the GNOME pager, is there a way to drag windows from one desktop to
    another?  I'm accustomed to using the middle mouse button to do that
    with FVWM, but it doesn't seem to work with the GNOME pager.

2.  When I click a new virtual desktop in the GNOME pager, it seems to take a
    long time to switch.  With FVWM on the same hardware (a Pentium Pro 150),
    I was accustomed to it being nearly instataneous.  Is the slowness I'm
    seeing due to the GNOME pager, Enlightenment, or both?  [*]

3.  I keep winding up with so many windows on a desktop that I can't easily
    navigate them.  Is there any way to configure the task bar so that either:
        A.  clicking on the button for a window raises that window, or
        B.  right-clicking on the button would have a "raise" item in the menu?
    Choice A is standard behavior in some environments, but I'd be willing to
    settle for B.

Thanks!
Eric

[*] Yes, I know I could get a faster CPU.  But I'm hoping that there's no
fundamental reason why GNOME & E should suck up a lot more CPU cycles.
As CPUs get faster, computers should get faster.  For instance, Microsoft
Word 97 on my PPro 150 is not noticably faster than Microsoft Word 1.x was
on the Macintosh 512 back in 1985.  I hope this trend of Microsoft software
continually getting bigger and less efficient doesn't apply to free software,
or at least not as much.