Re: Task Bar?

On 2 Jun 1999, Preben Randhol wrote:

> Damien Miller <dmiller@ilogic.com.au> writes:
>

> | The current pager wastes a lot of panel space. Unless you have
> | a very high res display, the labels on the window buttons get
> | unreadable really quickly.
>
> You obviously haven't looked at the preferences (right click on the
> pager and choose properties from the menu).

I have, they don't do what I requested in my post.

> | IMO a better solution would be a combination of a task bar and a
> | seperate desktop pager. The pager could live in the panel, the
> | taskbar above.
>
> This is possible. Look at the preferences. Create a new panel and keep
> this on the bottom of the screen. And have one on the right side or
> something with the rest.
>
> Try this:

[ useful, but irrelevant instructions elided ]

> Now in a panel on say you right side you add the gnome pager
> also. Here you turn on show pager and Use small pagers and turn off
> show task list.
>
> Now be a good chap and read the docs.

That is not what I want. Please _read_ my original post before
responding with irrelevant and patronising 'instructions'.

The pager could be converted to a task bar if the panel height could
be set (I believe this is in CVS now) and panels could be stacked
vertically.

Damien