Re: gnome problem

libintl is from gettext.  RH 5.2 didn't need ti because
glibc2-localedata took care of it as far as i understand.  Any libc5
systems need that for locale support if they got precompiled binaries.
The slackware packages I made required a shared libintl available at

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/slackware-4.0/slakware/d1/gettext.tgz

-Brian