Re: LibGTop 1.1.0 (snapshot) - Solaris compile problem + possible fix

Paul Barnfather <plb@clanger9.demon.co.uk> writes:

> For me, make on Solaris 2.6 gives:
>
> open_suid.c:27: glibtop_suid.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [open_suid.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/export/home/pub/incoming/gnome/source/base/libgtop-1.1.0/sysdeps/solaris'
>
> I tried:
> cp sysdeps/stub_suid/glibtop_suid.h sysdeps/solaris
>
> and it built OK.

Oh, sorry! I made the distcheck on a Linux machine and so it did not tell
me that this file was missing in the tarball. I'll fix it right now in CVS.

You can use the one from stub_suid - they're identical.

> There were warnings about -lgen and -lXau being required (?).
> I don't have these libraries, investigating why...

They're both optional. -lXau is used by the xauth code in the daemon.
-lgen is AFAIK something that some systems need but some others not,
don't know exactly what it was ...

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org