Re: CVS-version of gtcd

The submission is done by mail for freedb.  Gtcd uses sendmail to send the
submission, so if sendmail is not setup correctly, the submission will not
get through (check if you have any messages in the queue with mailq).

Also, the submissions do not get processed instantly.  You may have to
wait a day or two for them to be accessible.

If you connect to the internet by dialup, you can get sendmail configured
correctly, you will probably want the smart host and masquerade commands
in your sendmail.cf file.  Find a line starting with DM, and change it to
DM<masqueradename> and also add a line DS<mailhost>.

So on my computer I have the following in my sendmail.cf:
  DMdaa.com.au
  DSmail.daa.com.au

This forwards all outgoing mail to mail.daa.com.au, and for unqualified
user names uses daa.com.au as the host portion.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/