empty control-center problem

control center 1.0.5, gnome-core 1.0.9, gnome-libs 1.0.12, RH6.0

Here is a problem I had with gnome, I fixed it by recompiling control
center but I thought I'd share.

when I click on any of the menu items in control center (eg. background,
screensaver, etc.) nothing happens.  The right side of the window
remains empty instead of showing me the options for that particular
item.

If I start control center from a terminal, this error message is printed
everytime I click on a menu item.

** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.
Exiting...

(control center itself doesn't exit but no options are displayed)

The problem is solved by re-compiling control center against the new
gnome-libs.

later,
Kervin