Re: A random topic for discussion -- free software tackles GUI automation?

Federico Mena Quintero writes:
 > >  The challenge is to make a GUI which can work solely from the
 > >  keyboard.  Once you can do that, an automated test program is just a
 > >  matter of generating sequences of keystrokes.
 >
 > This is obviously not sufficient.  Applications need different input
 > devices, and the keyboard is not a panacea.

For automated testing of *all* applications, you're quite right.  But
pick J. Random gnome application, and I'll bet it doesn't have an
intrinsic need for any non-keyboard input.

[ p.s. Elliot was right to shut me up.  This is not the right venue
for discussion of licensing.  Sorry to waste people's time. ]