Re: The Future of GNOME?

Hi,

I don't think that a new branch should necessarily be split off, unless
compatibility with older 1.0 releases goes.  It's cool to see new stuff
being done, but very little of the new features are in gnome-libs.  For
instance, ESD, GMF, GMC, Camel, and the mailer are separate from the
main libraries and core programs.

It would be nice to have a status/roadmap page on the website, though,
to let people know what's being done and what is planned.  This would
be especially useful for things like GMF, which are distinct from the
main Gnome libraries.  It could also be used to document which versions
of the libraries have which features (eg. the new gnome-druid interface
in the latest gnome-libs), so that users can solve compatibility
problems.

Lyndon