Re: Startup Programs - a new quest in life

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 03:55:59PM +0100, James Green wrote:
> Well, I've been trying to make a transparent Eterm appear when X starts up
> tail-ing /var/log/messages to appear on my desktop, and have been putting
> this into Startup Programs as:

I don't know what is at fault for ignoring --geometry but this works:
Copy /usr/share/Eterm/themes/Eterm to ~/.Eterm. Move ~/.Eterm/Eterm to
something like ~/.Eterm/Eterm/tailmessages. Edit ~/.Eterm/Eterm/MAIN and
change "name" to something unique so your window manager can "Remember" it's
location. Then just run Eterm -t tailmessages. With enlightenment right-click
on the titlebar -> Remember -> Location. And oh yea, also edit the "exec"
line.

HTH

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee