Re: when starting GNOME, message..

Nils Philippsen wrote:

> Hmm -- gnome-name-service still isn't running... strange.
> Maybe you could create a test user to experiment with and run a "pristine"
> gnome-session (which fires up enlightenment, which you should change to
> WindowMaker then).

Thanks for all your help. I thought I had done that the first
time around. Honestly I can't remember.

This time I removed the .gnome* directories. I made sure that
.xsession contained gnome-session only. I started X and E came
up, no panel though. So I started an xterm and started a panel.
Then, hoping that sessioning was active, I logged out from the
panel, then restarted X. Bingo! everything came back up, I closed
the xterm and logged off/on again and my panel still came up. At
this point (satisfied thatI was getting somewhere) I changed
windowmanagers. I had to make sure that the Window manager is
session managed button wasn't selected, cuz it wouldn't restart
otherwise. But everything seems to be running fine.

thanks again,
--
                                     __   _
Mark Wagnon         Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __