Re:Problems launching Gnome as root or su

> You need to install libPropList RPM, which should also be in the same directory
> where you found the WindowMaker RPM.

After some searching I eventually found it. As a DOS user and
Unix newbie I had been looking in the sort order for libproplist,
rather than libPropList which came before.

However, although I then installed WindowMaker and can now
launch Window Maker, I still can't get Gnome.

If I try Switchdesk and select Gnome, it tells me that I have been
switched. But on restarting x I go back into WindowMaker. If I try
"startx gnome" I still get WindowMaker.

--
Ian Geldard,
London, England

PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0x07CB87A6
PGP DH/DSS Fingerprint: 720D 67C6 92BD 0944 68E9  2C97 11DE F83B 07CB 87A6

PGP RSA Key ID: 0xE5FD80A1
PGP RSA Fingerprint: 722D B43C 403E 82C2  00F8 9A0A 7B26 EA06

The State has its root in time
and will ripen and rot in time.
Henrik Ibsen, 1882