Problems launching Gnome as root or su

I can launch Gnome when logged in as igeldard - my non-root
account, but It doesn't work as root, or after using su.

I have noticed an error message on my console screen when I
logout.

"rm: cannot remove 'home/igeldard/.gnome//gmc-[random
characters]' No such file or directory"

If I try switching and then logout, I see another message:

"WARNING: You selected WindowMaker as your window
manager, but your installation of WindowMaker does not appear
to be functional. Either /usr/X11R6/bin/WindowMaker was not
found or /usr/share/WindowMaker directory is missing.

Resuming with Fvwm2 (95 look)"

So I tried installing WindowMaker. I found it on my CD as

WindowMaker-0.52.0-2.i386.i386.rpm

But when I tried to install it, it reported failed dependencies

"libPropList is needed"

Any ideas?

--
Ian Geldard,
London, England

PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0x07CB87A6
PGP DH/DSS Fingerprint: 720D 67C6 92BD 0944 68E9  2C97 11DE F83B 07CB 87A6

PGP RSA Key ID: 0xE5FD80A1
PGP RSA Fingerprint: 722D B43C 403E 82C2  00F8 9A0A 7B26 EA06

Truth, crushed to earth, shall rise again.
William Cullen Bryant, 1839