Re: Gnome control center

Patrick Markiewicz wrote:

> "James M. Cape" wrote:
>
> > ESD requires the -dev package be installed if you are going to compile
> > anything against it. The only reason you wouldn't need the -dev packages
> > is if you used only packages and never compiled anything yourself.
> >
> I don't need the devel package if I have the source to esound do I?  I
> did not install esound using an RPM!  I compiled it myself.  How could
> some other program require more from esound than everything that was
> necessary to build esound?
> If there really is an esound-devel-0.2.8.tar.gz then I stand corrected
> and that is exactly what I need.  Please tell me where I can get the
> source to esound-devel.  Thx.
>                                                                 --PaddyM

No, if you compiled from source, you do not need to install anything
else. Your original message led me to believe you didn't install GNOME
via packages, but did install ESounD via one. My appologies.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill