Re: Desktop idea

For the desktop handling, it is not clear that separating it completely
from gmc is a good idea, since we want them to function similarly (it may
be a good idea to make them into separate processes (using a common
library), so that one crashing does not bring the other down, and you can
use gmc without desktop icons).

As for these desktop areas, how do these differ from windows without
borders, at the bottom of the stacking order, which are session managed so
that their state is saved between sessions?

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/