Re: how to parse output of an external program execution?

> >Is there a away to execute an external program and parse it's output using the
> >gnome-libs?
>
> This is a little vague.
>
> You can run an external program and retrieve its output using the popen()
> function in the standard C library. 'man popen' for info.
>
> Any parsing should be pretty much independant of running the external
> program - you'd need to say what data you want to parse in order for us to
> tell you whether the parser is in GNOME or not :)

What I'm doing is calling a program that generates text (XML).  I want to parse
the output of an external program that generates XML.

Jamin Philip Gray
jgray@writeme.com
http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~jpg2/
http://www.linuxfreak.com/~jgray/

If you want to know if someone is good, you can't ask them what their
worldview is.  You need to ask them what they love.