gcombust - successful use

Hi.

For your information - I have recently been successfull in using
Memorex's cd-rewrite device with linux (RedHat 6.0) - using it on the
parallel port using the friq protocol and the pg driver module (via
parport and paride modules) and gcombust.

I'm impressed by gcombust which works quite well as a front end for
cdrecord - gcombust recognises the pg driver, unlike some other front
ends that do not yet support this driver module.  I got the latest
version of gcombust from the gcombust home site

http://www.abo.fi/~jmunsin/gcombust/

I found support information for using the parallel port via

http://www.torque.net/parport/cdr.html

Jim.