Re: gnome - double click

Quote: How do you propose I make a distinction between
	selecting an object and invoking it?  Don't suggest using a different
	button.  For me, left selects an object (deselecting the rest), middle
pops
	up a menu, and right adjusts a selection.
Adjusting a selection is popping up another menu. If you use a menu
you are not in a hurry. Therefore, why not have the right mouse
button access both menus and use the middle button to invoke
programs as well as paste? Many people program their middle button to
double
click already, probably more people than use linux. Better yet, why not
use combinations for all menus and 2nd and/or 3rd single buttons each
for a
menu default of the user's choice wherever that would
be practicable? With a 3 button mouse you just plain don't
need double clicking, and IMHO the continuing support for the
two button mouse has been and continues to be harmful to the development
of GUI software in general and this software in particular.

Thank you for your reply, and I don't really want to boil you in oil at
all.
I wouldn't mind stirring up the pot a bit though.

Peace, understanding, health and happiness to all beings!
lily_lily__lily  MN[-------------------->mm@  _lilypond__
dave  No Va USA   David Raleigh Arnold   drarn@toward.com