Re: Gnome-terminal doesn't show prompt

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:19:11 -0400, you wrote:

>This may help narrow this problem down:  When I run bash from within Gnome, I get a window with a prompt (white background unlike my gnome terminals that have a black background).  Thereafter, Gnome-terminals that I start will have a prompt when they start up.  If I shut down Gnome and restart it, however, the Gnome terminals once again fail to show a prompt.  Any help would be appreciated since I am at a loss for how to fix this.

I had the same "white" background problem (both Xterm & term) with the
recent updated RPM's. The first time through, it won't run linuxconf
as an X window. Just the simple version without mouse support. If I
simply exit and do the same thing again, everything works. Full proper
window w/ mouse. If I log out, it does the same again. Both root and
user. I've always had a prompt, though.

BTW, since I deleted the entire .gnome/.mc and reloaded, I haven't got
the "white" terminal. It's black but behaves as above.