Re: session management doesn't work for me...

>> When using GNOME applications e.g. gedit, gmc etc. it seems that no
>> session information is saved. After having placed and arranged the
>> different windows on the desktop and having logged out/in, all the
>> windows reappear but now are located at different places.

Your window manager should be saving position information.  Most
window managers don't do this, however.  (Offhand I don't know of oone
that does, though I do think one exists.)

>> Isn't gnome-session supposed to automatically save all information
>> related to an application?

No.  gnome-session provides a framework whereby applications and the
window manager can cooperate to save state.  It doesn't actually do
any saving itself.

Tom