Re: New file manager

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, James Green wrote:
[snip]
> Still, I had to grab the full tarball and not use patch cause of the
> zipdisk icon. Did anyone tell us about this problem when the file was
> introduced or not?

Patching something usually changes only the text files that are in the
tree you are patching. This means that if a binary file X has been added
(or updated) in your patched tree there will be no X (or an old version of
X).

Workarounds:
1) (the dirty way) if an icon X.png is missing, you can copy another icon
over the missing one (of course, you will have two identical icons...)
2) download the whole tarball (time & bandwith consuming)
3) download _only_ the missing file(s) with cvs (preferred way)

For the option 3) you may consider using http://cvs.gnome.org if you don't
want to use cvs.

Hope this helps,
Zun.