Patches?!??!

I'm getting ready to submit patches to some OS projects (some of them
gnome). However... I feal really stupid... (I am really stupid!)

I'm not sure how to create a patch for the patch command....

I think I need diff but that is all I know...
The diff and patch man pages didn't help at all. I found nothing on the
web...
--

the PQBON <Will Deutsch>

I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a
high grade for such a design :-)
(Andrew Tanenbaum to Linus Torvalds)

http://www.slashdot.org/