Re: GNOME Session manager idea

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Michael Stearne wrote:

> This is similar to an idea proposed by Anthony Clark as "RFC: a project
> idea".  It is similar an might be easier to implement.  I think it's a
> good idea.  This would need to encompass things like desktop icons and
> maybe even what is in the Gnome menu panel.  Also, would there be any
> concept of state, what the programs had open or like what page the
> browser was at?

Yes, it's called session management.  The X session management protocol
does allow for multiple sessions to be saved.  Whether the gnome
implementation of a session manager does is another matter.  All apps that
support session management have the opportunity to save whatever state
they see fit.

yours,

Paul