Re: Viruses

You can look at the scripts in an rpm with:
  rpm -qp --scripts package.rpm

Of course if the post install script calls some other script that is part
of the package, it is a bit harder to see what will happen.

This can at least save you from installing packages with "rm -rf /" in a
script.

To install an rpm without running any scripts, use the --noscripts option.

For triggers (scripts that get run when the status of another package
changes), use "rpm -qp --triggers ..." and the --notriggers option to rpm.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/