Couple of possibly really stupid questions!

These may be stupid, but they've been confusing me so here goes: (Intel
RedHat 6.0)

When using the gnome pager, how do you make an window behind another
window come to the front?  For instance, I'll have an xterm window open,
then I'll open a bunch of other apps/windows.  Invariably the xterm will
get hidden behind a much larger window (netscape for instance).  Now, I
can see that the pager has a button for the xterm, but left-clicking on
the button does nothing (other than making a noise, but the window stays
hidden.  The only thing I've been able to do to get it to work is middle
click on the button (to hide the window) then middle click again (to
unhide).  This brings it to the front.  Now, maybe I'm just too used to
Windows, but it seems like a single click on one of those buttons should
bring the window to the front so you can use it.

Second question, I've recently had a problem with gnome on one of my
accounts.  When I login, I don't get a panel across the bottom.  If I
type 'panel' in an xterm I get an error message claiming that a panel is
already running and do I want to start another one (the second one will
not be restarted).  If I say No, I still am stuck without a panel.  If I
say yes, it tries to launch a panel on the bottom (the panel starts up,
I get my drawers and buttons, but no mini-commander or clock, I then get
a bunch of GTK fatal errors in the xterm, then it dies with a core
dump!  This only happens on my normal account.  I created another
account last night and the new account had no problems.  How do I fix
this problem?  I'd still like to use my original account and thought I
could move the .gtkrc, .gnome, etc. files/folders over from the new
account and start over.  Will this work?  Is there an easier way?

Also, in this account, how do I logout without the handy little logout
on the gnome drawer?  I've just been using CTRL-ALT-Backspace to get
back to the login prompt.