Re: strange session management stuff

On 01-Jul-99 Evan DiBiase wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 bbarnett@L8R.net wrote:
>
> [gnome-session stuff snipped]
>
> I think what is happening is that you are seeing why gnome-session is called
> gnome-session. Essentially what is happening is "Session Management" -
> ideally, what will happen is that you could close GNOME, and when you log
> back
> in everything is exactly as you left it. GNOME supports this, but also tries
> to make it work with non-GNOME apps as well. Just close all applications
> before you log out; that should do the trick.

I know, but I don't want to do that ;)  Also, I want to run gnome-session so
all the other cool stuff runs that it lauches, all in one easy package.  There
should be somewhere an easy "Don't say session state for non-gnome apps" or
some such or "just don't save session state" option.

To have gnome, I shouldn't have to put up with it being annoying, it should be
a totally pleasant expereince, otherwise why put up with crap?  That's the
window's ideal, not linux...

---

                                     Dynamic Hosting
                                   HTTP://www.L8R.net/
                      "We Provide Static Hostnames for Dynamic IP's"