Re: Tab completion in gmc

Simon Murcott wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Richard Hult wrote:
>
> > Yes, that is pretty annoying. The best thing is probably to make this a
> > configurable accelerator.
> >
> > I think I would choose the right arrow. It would be a nice and intuitive
> > key, IMHO. It means "complete the word, to the right." :)
>
> Yes, excelent! I agree.

No, terrbile! I disagree.  :)

Seriously, though, the right arrow on most keyboards is much farther
away and annoying for me than simply hitting "Ctrl-Tab".  And beside,
what if I really do just want to move the cursor right?  Tab completion
shouldn't have to happen just when the cursor is at the right edge of
the word, right?

Jesse D. Sightler
http://www3.pair.com/jsight/