Re: Tab completion in gmc

random thoughts...

Have the file entry window "swallow" the tab key, and
perform completion based on what's in the text box.
If you need to get to another widget in a file entry
box, it's usually going to be Open/Save/etc. (default
button), and you can press enter instead.  Or it'll be
the Cancel button, which you can activate via the
escape key.  I conclude that having the tab keypress
eaten by the file entry box is not crucial to proper
gui operation.  However, as this may distract users who
are used to tabbing between widgets, It should probably
be a global configuration option: "Tab completion in file
entry dialogs".  Default it to off. Us keystroke misers
will find the option eventually...

--
|  __                         a.k.a. Eric B. Mitchell |