Unable to start gnome - help please!!!

I already tried gnome 0.99.2 from RPMS and it worked just fine.
But I just downloaded the latest rpms, 0.99.3, but i've problem starting
gnome. I use RedHat 5.2, and even on a clean install the problem persit.
Here it is : when i try to load it (by gnome-session or panel command in
.xinitrc), it tells me "UNABLE TO LOAD
/usr/share/pixmaps/pixname....png" and it does it for ALLthe pixs. Then
an error message in a gnome-dialog box tell me "Error loading default
set of icon...please check your install".
Can someone help me please??thanks!