Re: Bug in Enlightenment?

>From: raster@redhat.com

>And I'd like to point out - I'm MORE than happy to accept patches to
>fix this - if I could reporduce it I'd be looking into it ASAP, so I'm
>pleading with you who can reproduce it to please help. :)

Well, I'm trying - but this happened at a time when you were *very* active, and
trying to figure what changed and how it might cause this is taking a while =O(

To try to break it down, having seen "eldrik" getting it on RH5.2 with just the
one screen, I cleaned out my entire E installation and config files, and
reinstalled it all from source.  I made none of my usual config changes.

I then started it up (on a twin-headed machine other than my desktop - luckily a
colleague is out this week - Solaris 7, Ultra 1, two Sun GX video cards) and
started 4 Eterms on each desktop.

I then swung the mouse about randomly inside one screen at a time, and nothing
seemed to go wrong.  I cannot make this happen with just the one screen =OZ

Finally, I randomly circled the mouse between the windows in each screen (and
the panel in the first one) moving back and forth between screens after each
circling.  After about a minute, all windows (including the panel) were no
longer able to gain focus.  The last one to go still had keyboard focus, so I
was able to type in the kill to get out.  This time I'm pretty sure that it was
*mostly* the last window to have focus that couldn't get focus again (when I
returned to its screen), but it seems to move about.

So I'm back to delving around the source, trying to figure out how you manage
this =OZ  I keep trying to describe this in the hopes that someone with a better
understanding of this code will have a lightbulb suddenly appear above their
heads...

As an aside, on one occassion I lost keyboard focus on *any* term window, and
was forced to kill the process and get out by selecting and copying by mouse,
one letter at a time, the command text I needed to run.  Like writing a ransom
note out of old newspapers... =OZ

Anyway, I'll try to find the time to keep on this.

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk