Re: [WINDOWMAN] Re: GNU Window manager shortcut standard proposition

Hi,

 Franklin> On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 05:51:26PM -0500, Maciej Stachowiak
 Franklin> wrote:

 >> [...] That is why I
 >> originally proposed that all bindings should be available under
 >> _both_ Control+Alt+Shift _and_ Hyper (and whatever else the WM
 >> wants - the standard does not _forbid_ any extra bindings - but I
 >> do not want to see bindings that conflict with used or potentially
 >> used application bindings standardized). [...]

 Franklin> What about those users with Sun, or SGI keyboards? What key
 Franklin> do you plan on changing? Also on PPC Macs that run linux or
 Franklin> bsd, these have lots of keys, but they have to already bind
 Franklin> something to extra mouse buttons. Looking at this, adding
 Franklin> another key (like Hyper) is a really Bad Idea(tm).

Users with no free keys would use the Control+Alt+Shift combination,
obviously. (BTW, on the Sun keyboards I have seen at least the diamond
key was free to take.)

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>