esddsp

I am having trouble using the esddsp wrapper.  For some reason whenever I
try to use it It looks like this.  Any one got any ideas.  I am running a
RedHat 5.2 system.  and I have the latest tarball and CVS source.  neither
work.

~ mpalczew @ localhost  01:56:08  ~  ~
----> esddsp amp Nine_Inch_Nails-The_Perfect_Drug.mp3

amp 0.7.6, (C) Tomislav Uzelac 1996,1997
THIS PROGRAM COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
PLEASE READ THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS

Playing: Nine_Inch_Nails-The_Perfect_Drug.mp3
amp: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/local/lib/libesddsp.so: undefined symbol: dlsym
~ mpalczew @ localhost  01:56:16  ~  ~
----> amp: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/local/lib/libesddsp.so: undefined symbol: dlsym

Mike