Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

> arbitrarily in such a way is a bad idea, but the happy medium is to set a
> *default* in a config file to turn Imlib caching on or off.  I think

I would suggest that when you install GNOME that it asks a couple of
questions, one of which could be imlib caching on or off.  One could
detect the kind of system you have and have an appropriate default.

If you can't decide on a default, leave it up to the person installing
it.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/