Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

I'm probably sticking my nose where it doesn't belong (it wouldn't be the
first time) but it's a shame to see the both of you, both exceptional
programmers that are obviously quite stubborn, fueding about something
like this.  I'm inclined to side with raster in that hosing the cache
arbitrarily in such a way is a bad idea, but the happy medium is to set a
*default* in a config file to turn Imlib caching on or off.  I think
defaulting it to on is a good idea and then those 486 users that can't
handle the cache can turn it off by hand until someone writes a capplet
(or modifies one) to do it in a pretty interface.  Lets stop bickering and
just get back to what we all love to do, hacking. :)