GNOME won't run anymore...

Hi Everyone !

I have been running the current CVS version of GNOME for the past
three weeks. About five days ago the newly compiled version suddenly
wouldn't work anymore.

When I just do the ./autogen.sh ; make routine the gnome-libs package
aborts with:

configure: error:
*** Incorrect libz version found.  Please make sure you do not have
*** an outdated libz.a or libz.so hiding in your X11 distribution or
*** elsewhere on your system.  Versions of libz with the compress and
*** uncompress symbols are sufficiently rencet to build GNOME.

Needless to say it is the same version of libz as before
(libz.so.1.1.3) and it lies in the same place (/usr/X11R6/lib). If I
do a

  export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/include"

it suddenly works fine. I did not fool around with the ld
(/usr/X11R6/lib is in  the ld.so.conf) and other programs found it
without problems.

Everything compiles and installes smooth & without the slightest
problem. When I try to start the panel, though, I get the message

Gdk-ERROR **: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)

aborting...
Aborted

and that's it. Even recompiling everything (without a problem just
like before) won't help.

Oh in case you're interested:

GLib, GTK+, imlib & ORBit: latest versions from CVS
/usr/X11R6/lib/libpng.so.2.1.0.3
/usr/X11R6/lib/libMagick.so.4.0.16
/usr/X11R6/lib/libz.so.1.1.3

Any good suggestion is welcome...

Regards,
	Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
"People who fight may lose. People who do not

PGP signature