RE: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

Has anyone attempted yet to create a gradient theme that is not
pixmap-based? This would almost certainly be very fast and usable.

I've only used the default pixmap theme, and it seems that there is a bug
in that it repaints the bg_color first, and then the pixmap. This gives a
flickering effect to things like buttons when you move your pointer over
them.

Cody