Problem with esd.h not found in gnome-libs compile

     Hi all

     My compile of gnome-libs 0.99.2 from tarball fails with this error

     gnome_sound.c31:esd.h : no such file

     I have esound 0.2.7 installed in /opt/esound and have added
     /opt/esound/lib to my /etc/ld.so.conf and /opt/esound/bin to my path
     in my profile - esd.h is sitting in the include directory
     /opt/esound/include

     Could someone give me some pointers as what I should check next ?

     thanks in advance for you help

     Richard Harding

     richard.harding@southsomerset.gov.uk r.harding@btinternet.com

     Building surveyor seeking a toehold in an IT career :)