zvt problem

Hi,

I've noticed that mouse copy and paste in gnome-terminal doesn't always
copy all the text that was selected.  This bug particularly shows up when
copying compiler output.  I think the problem is in gnome-libs/zvt/update.c,
line 892:

  /* makes a rough assumption about the buffer size needed */
  if ( (data = g_malloc((ey-sy+1)*(vx->vt.width+20))) == 0 ) {
    *len = 0;
    printf("ERROR: Cannot g_malloc selection buffer\n");
    return 0;
  }

This calculation assumes that the lines will only be 20 characters wider
than the terminal width on average, which of course is often false for
such things as compiler output.  I'm not sure how to fix it, but surely
there is some way to iterate over the selected text to find its length
before allocating the buffer?

Thanks,
Lyndon