Re: Unidentified subject!

In message <199901201511.KAA18310@tristan.devel.redhat.com>, "Michael K. Johnso
n" writes:
+-----
| >So you have a consistent namespace across all machines.  Same reason most if
| >not all AFS sites mount under /afs, although you can change it:  if I give
|
| I'm *perfectly* aware of why they would RECOMMEND it.  However, the fact
| that they REQUIRE it means that they have immediately made it completely
| unsuitable for one of the purposes that they trumpet as a great application
| of it: distributed ftp servers.  They can't have their cake and eat it too.
+--->8

The lkml types think a loopback mount is the "proper" solution to that.  (Not
that they had a non-deadlocking loopback mount mechanism last time I looked.
Hello, clue....)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu