Re: imlib and png trouble

> well, my imlib (from today's CVS) still produces black backgrounds
> where there should be transparent ones: I think it only happens with
> png icons and it has been going on since the dynamic-imlib => head
> merge.
>
> I've got ImageMagick 4.0.4 and libpng.so.2.1.0 installed.
> Other stuff's versions are at
> Autoconf version 2.12
> automake (GNU automake) 1.3
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.2d
> egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release)
>
> anybody got an idea what's wrong?

Ok, can you strace the program to figure out if "convert" is being
called?

My personal impression is that this is what happens: Imlib fails to
load the png module (due to some reason: bad libtool used when
installing the library, or not finding the library) and then fallsback
to using "convert".

My theory is: the black spots are rendered by "convert", which means,
the builtin png module was never invoked, so we need to debug why the
png module is not being invoked.

Miguel.