Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 12:59:06AM -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Dear GNOME fans,
>
> We (as in "the people who maintain the anoncvs mirrors") are having big
> problems with the anoncvs mirrors. The load average on Phil's server is at
> 70. The server I help run at CUC is now refusing telnet connections
> because I turned anoncvs back on. Mandrake's server is at load average
> 180, with over 200 people using it at the moment. Other mirrors are out of
> date or dead. To make matters worse, the gnome.org DNS maintainer hasn't
> responded to DNS update requests to add a new server.

Are there any alternatives to CVS for people who merely want to keep their
snapshots of Gnome development tree up-to-date? Would it be worth setting up
rsync?

Ian

--
Ian McKellar           imckellar@harvestroad.com.au
Web Author / Programmer      Phone: +61 8 9389 6200

Tell me do you really know your brother man
Cause a heart speaks louder than a colour can
And why would you even shake a man's hand
If you're not going to help him stand
                            -- Ben Harper (Jah Work)