Re: control-centre-0.99.3 tarball broken?

"Mark R. Bowyer" <Moredhel@earthling.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been to a number of Mirrors, and on all of them, unpacking the
> .tar.gz gives me:

> control-center-0.99.3/capplets/screensaver-properties/screensaver-desktops/
>     Xroger.desktop, 259 bytes, 1 tape blocks
>   tar: directory checksum error
>
> Using the -i option to tar appears to solve it, but you never know
> what this has allowed to pass...  What's gone wrong here?

You are really sure you downloaded them as binary files ?

I just checked this on the server machine - a `gzip -t' doesn't give
me any error there, so the tarball is ok there.

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/